5 TIPS TO TRANSITION INTO FALL
As nature transitions from summer to fall, we drift away from summer days of relaxing vacations and into cool, crisp weather, falling leaves and familiar routines.
And with the change of seasons and schedules comes the need to transition our minds, bodies and spirits into the demands of the coming months.
HERE ARE 5 TIPS TO TRANSITION INTO FALL
- Journal about your summer. With summer memories fresh in your mind, journal about your experiences over the last few months. Where did you go? Who did you spend time with? What did you really enjoy? What new experiences did you have? Write the facts but also record your feelings and explore anything that comes up for you as you write.
- Get organized. Do your best to get yourself and your family organized for the season and the change of schedules. Replace summer clothes with fall wardrobes, create easy meal plans to enjoy the foods of the season, figure out how chores and errands will be split up, declutter to create clarity and space for fresh energy…do whatever feels good to you.
- Plan for social gatherings. Whether you tend to socialize with a small group of friends or love big,lively group gatherings, you may not be able to get together as often with your more demanding schedules during this season. Plan accordingly so you can still fit in time to connect with friends and family, and attend events that matter to you.
- Prioritize your self care. Think about your mind, body and spirit. What do you need most during this time of the year? How do you want to move your body? What brings you peace of mind? What returns you to a sense of ease when you have long, difficult days?
And think about your favorite things about the fall. Do you love to take walks amongst the colorful trees? Do you love nights by the fireplace sipping a glass of red wine? Do you love mornings on your porch with a soothing cup of tea? Do you love jogging through the park with friends? Whatever you love to do in the fall, make time to do those things regularly.
- Sit with yourself. With busier schedules, we tend to get lost in the doing of life. The simple practice of sitting with yourself allows you to relax, breathe and reflect on your thoughts and feelings about the time that is passing, how your children are growing, how you have evolved, what you have created, how you have helped others, how others have helped you etc. There’s so much that can pass you by if you don’t take the time to sit with it and let it all move through you so you can fully experience it.
With each passing day into the fall season, you will begin to find your new flow. So lean into the comforts of the months ahead. Light a candle to invite ease and warmth into your space. Sink into steamy baths of Cocktail de Bain at the end of long days. Wear a fresh new fragrance to shift your energy with the season.
Step forward each day with grounded optimism into the earthy coziness of
fall and enjoy all of its delights.
COCKTAIL DE BAIN
THE OM CANDLE
Author: November Nichols