TREAT YOURSELF TO SERENITY
Now that you’ve satisfied your sweet tooth and your penchant for dressing up in costumes, shift your focus to a different kind of treat…the treat of sinking into your own peace and serenity.
There are no tricks here, just a sweet reminder to put your energy into creating your own bliss. What you focus on expands, and when you sink into that lovely feeling of serenity, you’ll see how it touches every aspect of your life in such a beautiful way.
7 Tips to Help You Sink into Serenity
- Practice a calming daily ritual, like a morning tea ritual or a soft and gentle yoga flow. You can try journaling or some quiet time to read. Give yourself at least 15 minutes to drift in your own little sea of tranquility.
- Don’t look at the news for a day or a whole weekend. Turn off email and app notifications for as long as you can. Or unplug altogether for an hour or an entire day. Discover the peace that surrounds you when you disconnect from the constant attention to your phone.
- Set your sights on the sky and breathe deeply as you watch a sunrise or sunset, birds flying free, or stars twinkling above. Invite the feeling of peace and let it expand within you.
- Create simple moments of connection by greeting others with a smile or a warm hello. Even brief exchanges like these can fill you with a sense of ease and harmony.
- Indulge in sensual pleasures like relaxing baths, deep tissue massages or your favorite comfort foods. Drop into the feeling of tranquility that comes with giving your body what it craves.
- Luxuriate in the power of scents and all that they conjure — nostalgic memories of baking banana bread, the floating scent of fresh flowers or the enveloping notes of your own custom fragrance. Let these scents carry you to a feeling of joy and peace.
- Drink an actual cup of Serenity tea. With its delightful blend of passion flower and lemon balm, it’s an easy way to unwind and drift into a sweet, peaceful slumber at the end of a long, busy day.
The serenity you seek can always be found and it reaps benefits for your nervous system and overall well-being. The more you reach for it, the more it touches every area of your life so you can always treat yourself to a feeling of peace.
Curate a self-care box with these favorites to help
you release and exhale.