spring has sprung
Spring has sprung! Green leaves are sprouting and the earliest flowers of the season are blooming in all of their colorful glory. As the warmth returns and spring unfolds, the time has come to clear space in your home and your life for fresh energy to flow.
With this season comes the tradition of spring cleaning, where you disinfect your home to remove germs and virus particles from everything you touch. But it’s just as beneficial to your health to spend time clearing out your home to let go of what no longer serves you.
When you purge and declutter, you create an energetic shift. You can feel a release as you lighten your physical, mental and emotional load. The space in your home feels lighter. Your body feels more relaxed and you may find it easier to meditate, journal or start new, healthy habits. Spring clearing creates an energetic shift that ripples throughout your life as you open space for new energy to flow. Letting go of what you no longer need is a signal that you are evolving and making space for what you now want to come into your life.
As you clean your home and purge it of unneeded items, we encourage you to do it with a sense of sustainability by recycling, repurposing and donating.
Here are some ideas for sustainable spring clearing:
- • Donate gently used clothing, shoes, new and sealed self care and beauty products to family, friends or charitable organizations like Dress for Success
• Recycle candle jars by cleaning them and using this as drinking glasses, using them to root plants, starting a windowsill herb garden, or rinsing paint brushes
• Repair or repurpose items instead of throwing them away —and then give them away if you don’t need them
• Donate your childrens’ unused or gently used toys and books to a shelter, orphanage, local church or school
• Drop off old electronics at your nearest recycling facility or electronic store like Best Buy as they have recycling programs
These are just a few ideas, but with a little research you can find sustainable ways to clear the clutter from your home which is good for you and the environment.
After you’ve cleared and cleaned and disinfected, smudge your space with sage or palo santo to remove the old energy and open a window or door and say “au revoir!” as it leaves your home. Then, bring some new energy inside like fresh cut flowers, a new plant, a beautiful piece of art, the citrusy scent of an Energy candle or an aromatic aura spray. This will freshen up your space and serve as a signal and reminder that it’s a new season to learn, grow and bloom.
Spring cleaning, clearing and sustainability go hand in hand as a practice of self care. When you clean and declutter, you are supporting your wellness and doing your part to serve the earth.
Shop the Featured Itemsexplore the collection